This week’s #SundaySupper theme is Eat Your Greens and is hosted by The Foodie Stuntman. We’re celebrating all foods green today. I’m sharing a fantastic dessert perfect for spring: White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting.
I had originally planned on making this in cake form and posting it next month but when I found what today’s theme was I knew this recipe would be perfect. I did cupcakes because my niece and nephew were visiting and I know that cupcakes are much more fun to eat when you’re a kid.
I baked mini cupcakes as well as regular sized ones because I didn’t want half eaten cupcakes with all the frosting licked off scattered around the kitchen.
White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting #SundaySupper
For the cupcakes:
- 1 white cake mix 2 layer
- 1 box instant white chocolate pudding 4 serving
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
For the frosting:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 box of pistachio instant pudding mix 4 serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 regular sized muffin cups or 48 mini muffin cups with paper liners.
For the cupcakes:
Combine ingredients in a bowl. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, then medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fill the liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake the regular cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until fine crumbs cling to a toothpick. Bake the mini cupcakes for 12-15 minutes or until fine crumbs cling to a toothpick. Cool on wire racks until completely cooled.
For the frosting:
Place heavy cream in a chilled bowl. Beat until thickened then add sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Whip in the dry pudding mix and frost cooled cupcakes.
Store covered in refrigerator.
Recipe NotesBatter recipe adapted from Inside Brucrew Life
White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.