Find out what is happening in this food blogger’s kitchen with What’s On Our Table.
Easter is this Sunday so after church my mama and I will be having a simple dinner since it will only be us. The auntlings will be with their parents and visiting the other half of their family so there is no need for a huge meal. Which works out great for me because I try not to do much cooking on Sunday.
Before church, I’ll start the ham in the slow cooker, and not long before we’re ready to eat I’ll make the potatoes in my pressure cooker and cook the squash. I’ll have all the hard parts of the pie done on Saturday so I can assemble it and the rolls are coming from a local grocery store that makes them in house.
As you can see I don’t have many linked recipes. That’s because I’m working on new to the blog recipes right now. Some of these recipes have been in my draft folder for years. Literal years, people. Also, one of my readers asked my to post my go to potato salad recipe. I have two on the blog that are my personal favorites but have awful pictures so I am updating them before I link to them on any menus
- Bacon Lettuce and Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches. Yes, these were on last week’s menu but I couldn’t get a decent picture so we’re having them again.
- Easter dinner: Ham, mashed potatoes, yellow squash and onion sauté, rolls, and banana coconut cream pie. If ham is on your menu this week make sure to check out 20 Plus Ways to Use Leftover Ham
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Salisbury Steak over egg noodles with steamed broccoli
- Copycat KFC Chicken and Mashed Potato Bowls
- Ham and Broccoli Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes and salad
- Grilled Chicken and potato salad
- Creamy Ham and Veggies Pasta Salad . I know most people think of pasta salad as a side but this is totally main dish worthy.
I keep lunch simple here for the most part.
- Lunchmeat or chicken salad sandwiches
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Toast and eggs