Find out what budget friendly recipes I’m serving this week in What’s On Our Table.
I have over seventy menu planning posts here on the blog but it isn’t easy to sort through them to find past menu plans. In an effort to make things easier for both you, my fabulous readers, and me I have decided to rename my weekly menu to What’s On Our Table followed by a week number. It will allow me to easily create an index where you can find all posts from today forward because it will be in alphabetical order.
We found a couple of really great deals on discounted meat at the grocery store so we’re having a couple of dishes I don’t cook often. We snagged a nine pound Boston butt pork roast and a six pound boneless ham for a song.
The roast will become my simple slow cooker pulled pork and the ham will be sliced for sandwiches and ham steak and cubed for soups and casseroles
- Barbecue sandwiches, baked beans, and potato salad
- Toasted ham and cheese subs and broccoli and cheddar soup
- Barbecue salad
- Salmon patties, mashed potatoes, green beans
- Ham steaks with Parmesan potatoes au gratin
- Pinto beans, smothered potatoes, and buttermilk cornbread
- Chicken fingers and salad
- Egg salad sandwiches
- Peanut butter sandwiches
- Eggs and toast
- Peanut butter toast
What’s on your table this week?