I have a confession to make. Up until about a year ago pretty much the only salad dressing I would eat was ranch. Since expanding my dressing horizon I see what a disservice I did my salads. For example this Thousand Island dressing is quite yummy. And as a bonus made with things that are usually on hand at my house so I can whip this up at the last minute if needed.
It’s also really great as a sandwich and burger spread instead of plain old mayo or ketchup.
This is another recipe inspired by Trisha Yearwood. The original recipe was pretty easy with mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, and pepper but I found I didn’t care for the consistency and it wasn’t really any different than my chicken finger sauce.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 small to medium onion, diced. If the onion is fairly powerful soak it in some cool water for about ten minutes. Drain and pat dry before adding to the dressing
- A few shakes of hot sauce
- Hefty pinch of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar with lid.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.