Tandoori style chicken is a flavorful change from the usual grilled chicken. Marinated in buttermilk and a variety of seasonings before grilling it is great served with a green salad and your favorite flatbread.
We eat a lot of chicken because I can almost always find a great deal on it and even during the weeks when the sales are sparse it is generally the one of the cheapest per pound.
Because of that I am always on the lookout for new ways to prepare it so it doesn’t get boring. When I found this recipe for Tandoori Chicken on Life as Mom a couple of summers ago I was intrigued but unsure if my family would eat it so I didn’t make it until last summer. I have no idea why I waited so long, it’s juicy and tender with a ton of flavor without being hot.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Make several shallow slits in each chicken breast.
- Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over chicken in a non reactive bowl or zipper bag. Refrigerate several hours.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked through.
Total time includes a minimum four hour of marinating