Bored with the usual burgers or tired of tacos? Try taco burgers for a delightful way to tempt your taste buds.
I love trying new variations on burgers and I really think these taco burgers are my favorite.
Sour cream and salsa stands in for the usual catsup or mayo and the tortilla chips add a bit of crunch.
These are inspired by a recipe at my favorite local burger joint and I made the wrap version a year or so ago for #WeekdaySupper.
We don’t eat burgers often but loved these so much I made them twice in a week.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Two pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 6 slices of Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 6 buns
- Sour cream
- Your favorite salsa. I used a fabulous green chile salsa
- Onion slices
- Tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the ground beef and gently mix.
- Form into six patties
- Cook on either a skillet over moderate heat or grill over moderate heat for 5 minutes per side or until the temperature of the patty reaches 165 degrees
- Add the slices of cheese
- Spread the buns with sour cream and add the patty, salsa, onion, and tortilla chips.
- Serve immediately.
Here are some more easy and delicious recipes and be sure and follow the #WeekdaySupper Pinterest board for more ideas.
Monday – Grilled Chicken with Brie and Bacon by Recipes Food and Cooking
Tuesday – Cuban Quinoa Bowl with Grilled Sweet Potato and Plantain and Avocado-Mango Salsa by Caroline’s Cooking
Wednesday – Hawaiian Pizza Quesadillas by The Dinner-Mom
Thursday – Taco Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
Friday – BBQ Chicken and Veggies Packets by Our Good Life