Slow cooker spicy Tuscan ragu is an easy and fabulous pasta sauce.
If you are looking for a delicious new meat sauce that doesn’t take a ton of effort you need to try this recipe. I thought the red sauce recipe I have on the blog was the best homemade sauce but this new one beats it by a mile.
I found this amazing recipe on the blog I got for this month’s Secret Recipe Club A Spoonful of Thyme. Kate’s blog is full of amazing recipes like Spicy Mexican Chicken Salad, Orzo Chicken Salad, Chicken Marsala, and Tagliatelle Alla Bolognese.
However, when I saw her recipe for Spicy Tuscan Style Ragu I knew that was what I had to make. I was not disappointed.
It took almost no time to get the Slow Cooker Spicy Tuscan Ragu ready to bubble away in the slow cooker and it tastes fantastic. I’m thinking up a couple of variations to use in other pasta dishes.
15 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pounds Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed if needed
- 3/4 pounds hot Italian sausage, casings removed if needed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can whole Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Hot cooked pasta
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Cook the sausage, crumbling to break, until browned
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and tender
- Place in the slow cooker and add the tomatoes and salt
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours
- Add in the cream and taste for seasoning
- Cook for one hour longer
- Serves over hot cooked pasta