Slow Cooker Italian Chicken with Pasta can be started in just minutes before running errands.
This was another month when I had the hardest time deciding what to make. I’ve bookmarked her Slow Cooker A1 and Dijon Pork Chops or Steak because my nephew loves all the ingredients. I also want to make her Beef and Cabbage Pockets and the Cheesy Chipotle Beef and Noodle Bake.
Unfortunately the marinade Lesa used is either no longer made or my local stores don’t carry it. So I made my slow cooker Italian chicken with a garlic and herb marinade. Even with the change I think the recipe turned out deliciously.
20 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4 chicken breasts. I used boneless but bone in would work as well
- 3/4 cup garlic and herb marinade
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces hot cooked angel hair or vermicelli pasta
- To taste: salt and pepper
- Place chicken in the liner of a 2-4 quart slow cooker
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour the marinade and 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender
- Pour cooking liquids and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese into a small saucepan
- Combine cornstarch with a small amount of water and pour into the saucepan
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened slightly
- Pour sauce over hot cooked pasta and serve with chicken