Slow cooker chicken cheesesteaks are a perfect meal for a busy day. Drop a handful of ingredients in the slow cooker and forget about it for awhile.
Ellie was born in Nassau, Bahamas and lived there until she was 16. She currently lives in Hoboken, New Jersey which is where her blog got its name.
I had a hard time finding a recipe this month. Not because nothing looked good but because too many recipes looked amazing.
Chocolate Palmiers would be a fast and fabulous sweet treat. Hopefully, our pecan trees will produce enough that I can make overnight praline French toast. Muffins are always a good idea, especially cinnamon streusel muffins.
I waded through her slow cooker section, since I am obsessed with my slow cooker this summer. I gravitate towards chicken recipes because we eat chicken 90% of the time we eat meat.
Crockpot pulled chicken cheesesteaks were the winner. A simple recipe filled with easy to find ingredients that has fantastic flavors.
I did make a couple of substitutions for my slow cooker chicken cheesesteaks. I used mozzarella cheese instead of the Mexican blend Ellie’s version called for and also used chicken broth instead of beer. We don’t like the flavor of beer but if you do, go ahead and use it
We absolutely loved this recipe and it will be a regular on our dinner plates.
Yields 6 to 8 servings
15 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken. I used a mix of breasts and thighs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 to 8 sub or deli rolls
- Layer the peppers, onions, and garlic in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika
- Place on the vegetables
- Pour chicken broth over and cook on low for six to eight hours
- Remove chicken and shred
- Place in slow cooker and stir
- Top with shredded cheese and let sit until cheese melts
- Serve on sub rolls