Two ingredient sherbet floats are easy and refreshing.
Ah, summer the season of sprinklers, freezer pops, and fun. Summer was my favorite seaso when I was younger. I looked forward to our annual trek to the amusement park and spending hours in the pool. As a teenager I was excited by no school and sleeping in.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is Nostalgic Summer Recipes. As usual, when it comes to any type of nostalgic posts I asked my mom if there was anything we ate when I was growing up not already on the blog. We couldn’t think of anything so I almost sat this week out.
I remembered one of my favorite year round treats that are especially perfect for summer. Sherbet floats. We call it sherbet and insert name brand lemon lime soda here. Two ingredients and five minutes and you have a delicious and refreshing treat.
These are easy to customize. You can choose from many flavors of sherbet. My favorite is pineapple with orange being a close second. However you could use rainbow sherbet, lime, or peach.
In addition you could add some whipped cream and a cherry for an even more fun treat.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 to 4 scoops sherbet
- 2 to 3vcups chilled lemon lime soda
- Place one or two scoops of sherbet in a tall glass
- Pour soda over and remove any foam
- Add a straw and serve
Sherbet Floats and Other Fun Summer Foods
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement