Two of my most favorite foods in the world become one in queso mac and cheese.
Secret Recipe Club reveal days are always a highlight of my month. I get to try some amazing recipes and find some pretty cool bloggers to share as well.
This month I was assigned Wildflours Cottage Kitchen. Kelly has so many delicious looking recipes that I had a hard time deciding what to make. I’m all about homemade salad dressings so I want to try Creamy Parmesan, Bacon, Roasted Tomato & Green Onion Salad Dressing. Spicy potato salads are also a favorite here so chipotle ranch potato salad with bacon, cheddar, and green onions made the try make at some point list.
But when I saw Kelly’s recipe for Queso Blanco Dip Mac N Cheese I knew I had the perfect recipe. Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite foods and queso isn’t far behind.
Cheese is combined with green chiles and pasta for a delicious side dish or meatless main dish. I kept this a creamy stove top version but Kelly baked hers if you like baked macaroni and cheese.
I used a spicy pepper Jack and roasted fresh Anaheim chiles because they were on sale for cheaper than the canned. Here is a great tutorial on roasting fresh chiles if you want to try that. The end result was a creamy and spicy mac and cheese that even the non macaroni and cheese eater loved.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound queso Blanco processed cheese spread
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans diced green chiles undrained or a heaping cup of diced fresh roasted Anaheim chiles
- 3 cups dry small cut pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water, drain and set aside
- In a large sauce pan heat the milk and cheese spread, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted
- Add the pepper Jack cheese and green chiles and heat until melted
- Pour in the pasta and stir to coat