Pineapple upside down cake waffles are a fun treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast are waffles. You would never know it by the lack of waffle recipes, but they truly are.
This week the Sunday Supper bloggers are sharing all things waffle. I wasn’t sure how I could join this week because I don’t own a waffle iron. I know, a food blogger who doesn’t own a waffle maker but it’s on my list along with an immersion blender.
My first thought was to make cream horns using waffle cones but I could only find jumbo cones. I knew those would be far too rich and I think I am the only one who likes those.
I put my thinking cap on and decided since I also really like Pineapple Upside Down Cake to see how a pineapple upside down cake waffle would taste.
Since I don’t own a waffle maker I used frozen waffles. I used a multigrain variety for one very important reason- the store had store brand waffles for a dollar a box and the only two kinds that were left when I shopped were multigrain or chocolate chip. However you can use your favorite waffles whether they are homemade or from the freezer section.
I had three extra taste testers this week and one liked it without the pineapple, one didn’t like the butter and brown sugar spread and the other two liked it a lot.
I wish I could give you my opinion but I cannot because by the time I got everybody situated with breakfast there wasn’t any left for me.
Thankfully, this recipe is easy enough I can whip up a batch of pineapple upside down cake waffles on all but the busiest of mornings.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles #SundaySupper
- 4 to 8 prepared waffles
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 15 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup lightly sweetened whipped cream
Place the brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat
Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles
Let cool, the mixture will thicken
Place waffles on a plate
Spread with the butter and brown sugar
Top with pineapple, whipped cream and a cherry
Like these Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles? Here is more pineapple upside down cake goodness.
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Korean Fried Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Luau Egg Benedict Waffle by Brunch-n-Bites
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Scallion Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef Waffles by Family Foodie
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement