Pina colada cream pie is a scrumptious taste of the tropics.
Pineapple and coconut are two of my favorite sweet flavors individually. When you combine them it is beyond words.
As a rule though, I am not a fan of pina colada flavored things because I find them cloying. The exception to this are pina colada cream pie and my pina colada poke cake.
If you are a fan of pina coladas or just coconut in general today’s Sunday Supper is for you. Cosmopolitan Cornbread is our fabulous host this week. Thanks so much for your time.
I adapted my coconut cream pie recipe because most of the other pina colada pies I found use cream cheese. While I like cream cheese, I am the only one who does.
I had meant to pick up some coconut milk to use for part of the milk and forgot. I am fairly certain you could use half coconut and half regular milk.
Be sure to save the juice from the pineapple for Hawaiian chicken. Yum!
Pina Colada Cream Pie #SundaySupper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 9 inch pie shell baked and cooled
- Extra coconut for garnish optional
- Maraschino cherries for garnish optional
Whisk together flour, sugar and salt in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
Add the milk, egg yolks and butter.
Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until the mixture has come to a bubble and has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Press through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps
Stir in the rum flavoring, vanilla, coconut, and pineapple
Pour into pie shell and chill
When pie is cold whip the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
Spread on pie
Garnish with coconut and maraschino cherries if desired
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
- Coconut Shrimp with Piña Colada Sauce by From Gate to Plate
- Easy Piña Colada Salad by April Golightly
- Piña Colada Coleslaw by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Tropical Fruit Cups with Coconut Yogurt Dip by The Hungry Goddess
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Piña Colada by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Agua Fresca by Simply Healthy Family
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.