If you’re looking for peanut butter cookies that are soft and rich you’ve come to the right place.
Desserts with peanut butter are my second favorite desserts and cookies with peanut butter are usually my favorite type. So when I saw Puppy Chow Cookies from Pale Yellow I was excited because of my love for Muddy Buddies, which is another name for Puppy Chow.
You may be wondering why my recipe is for plain old peanut butter cookies that is because my batch of cookies turned out too soft to dip in the chocolate without falling apart. Truthfully, I don’t think that they need the adornment because the cookie itself is that dang good.
Don’t let the longish list of ingredients put you off. The auntlings and I made these in no time at all.
Other recipes I had considered for the Secret Recipe Club holiday treats reveal day include Pistachio Pudding and Peppermint Bark Cookies . Tracy has some other really great looking recipes too so I had a difficult time deciding.
15 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
26 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheatoven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and peanut butter for two to three minutes or until light and fluffy
- Add in the sugars, vanilla and egg and beat for three or four minutes longer
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, and flour
- Drop small scoops of dough on lightly sprayed cookie sheets and bake for 11 minutes
- Cool on wire racks
- To make into puppy chow cookies follow the instructions on Pale Yellow