This easy peach cobbler is perfect for Sunday Supper or a weeknight night treat.
This week for #SundaySupper we’re celebrating Mom. And let me tell you I have the best mom in the world. Even though my granddaddy was the first person I cooked with all the years I helped make fudge, quick breads, and dozens upon dozens of cookies to give out at Christmas was what solidified my love of cooking. She never said I couldn’t help or told me recipes were too complicated and I was making homemade pie crust by myself by the time I was eight or so.
Growing up Mama was the perfect balance of friend and parent. I remember marathon Super Mario 3 sessions and the late summer nights when we’d stay up late, make cook and serve chocolate pudding and watch WKRP in Cincinnati reruns. But I knew to mind her as well. She never got mad but would say she was disappointed and boy I would have much rather her gotten mad at me.
I decided to make one of my mother’s favorite desserts, Peach Cobbler, for today. Great thing about this recipe is it’s made from pantry staples, and is easy enough to enjoy even during the week. Mix it up and stick it in the oven just before serving dinner and once you’re done you’ll have hot fresh cobbler.
Peach Cobbler #SundaySupper
- 1 15 ounce can peaches in heavy syrup
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
For the optional cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
Add butter to a 9x9 baking dish and place in a cold oven.
Turn oven to 350 degrees.
Once the butter has melted, remove the dish from the oven to cool slightly
Mix together the flour,sugar, and milk and carefully pour over butter in dish DO NOT STIR. If using glass be sure the dish has cooled to reduce the risk of shattering
Spoon the peaches over the butter/batter mixture and drizzle with about 1/4 cup of the syrup.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the cobbler is bubbly and the crust is golden.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream if desired
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers, Soups and Salads:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.