Nopal Dip is queso kicked up a notch.
I am a lover of copycat and restaurant inspired recipes. While I do enjoy eating out I’m not always a fan of the expense.
I enjoy recreating recipes from my favorite eateries for less per serving than ordering out. With this recipe for Nopal Dip I can make about eight bowls for what four cost in the restaurant. Plus I don’t have to wait for a table because the restaurant is always busy.
If you are looking for some more Mexican recipes to complete the restaurant at home experience I recommend my chicken and green chile enchiladas or easy pork fajitas, refried beans and either Arroz con tomate or Mexican rice. Freshly brewed Alabama sweet tea wouldn’t be out of place at any of my favorite Mexican restaurants.
- 1 1/4 pound White American Cheese from the deli case, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt to taste
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo
- Prepare the Pico de Gallo according to the recipe and set aside.
- Add the milk and cheese to a heavy bottomed pot
- Melt the cheese over medium low heat stirring frequently
- While the cheese is melting brown and crumble the ground beef over moderate heat
- Season the beef lightly with salt
- Combine the cheese, beef and pico de gallo in serving sized portions. I like mostly beef and pico with enough cheese for a dip consistency but you may like more of a cheesy dip.
- Refrigerate leftovers separately
- To reheat the cheese microwave for in 30 second intervals, stirring well until smooth and heated.
This week the Sunday Supper team is bringing you our favorite copycat recipes.
- Copy Cat Orange Julius Recipe (sugar free) by Simply Healthy Family
- Hard Rock Cafe’s Twist & Shout Shake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Copy Cat: Outback Bloomin’ Sauce with Onion Petals by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Nopal Dip by Cookin’ Mimi
- Copycat Hershey’s Syrup: Homemade Chocolate Syrup by Brunch with Joy
- Copycat Sriracha Sauce by Nosh My Way
- The Village Cafe’s Avocado Dressing by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Applebee’s Shrimp and Cavatappi by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- B.good’s West Side burger with chipotle salsa and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie and Asparagus Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesecake Factory Cashew Chicken by Feeding Big
- Chicken Kitchen Chop Chop and Curry Mustard Sauce by Love and Confections
- Chicken Tikka Poutine by Sustainable Dad
- Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Filet Mignon with Red Wine Reduction and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- IHOP’s Ham, Egg & Cheese Melt by Food Done Light
- Chevy’s Sweet Corn Tomalito by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Henri’s Tas-Tee Dressing Clone and Cole Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Panera Copycat Mac and Cheese by From Gate to Plate
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cracker Barrel’s Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Friendly’s Monster Mash Sundae by The Redhead Baker
- Sheetz “Gobbz” Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Tiramisu by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Yeasted Sour Cherry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.