One thing I’ve mentioned in almost all of my menu planning posts is if there is some part of menu planning that isn’t working for you change it. Right now I am smack dab in the middle of one of those changes.
I guess technically this would be two changes. Firstly, our suppers for the week are going to loosely follow a theme. The basic outline that my menu plans will be following are:
- a big Sunday dinner type meal which essentially means something more complicated than my usual dinner
- Mexican or Tex-Mex inspired
- leftovers/planned overs
- something noodly which could be Italian, a pasta based casserole, or a stir fry with noodles
- some type of soup, stew or chili with sandwiches, homemade bread, and/or salad
- then nearly everyone’s favorite pizza night.
Secondly I am assigning recipes to specific days. This hasn’t always worked the best for me in the past. However with the holidays approaching I need to make sure that I haven’t made all the easy stuff early in the week if I’m going to be busy on Friday.
- Sunday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches*, jalapeño bacon potato salad, baked beans
- Monday : Copycat Combination Burritos with Green Sauce*, Mexican Rice
- Tuesday: Barbecue Salad or Barbecue Stuffed Baked Potato with salad using leftover pulled pork for the barbecue
- Wednesday : Tostadas with leftover Mexican Rice
- Thursday: Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili*, homemade bread or rolls
- Friday: Blackened Chicken Alfredo*, sautéed spinach*, homemade rolls
- Saturday: Taco Pizza*, salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Recipes marked with an asterisk (*) will be coming soon.
I am also making sweet tea and some lemon thumbprint cookies for treats. Not at the same time necessarily mind you.