Lemon Iced Butter Cookies come together in minutes making them perfect for the days when you want a little something sweet.
Here is yet another recipe I’ve had in my to post file. This is a lemon version of the butter cookies I posted back in 2009. It’s a nice way to dress up a simple cookie without a lot of fuss. I love lemon desserts and this cookie is no exception.
Yields One dozen cookies
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 stick of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons or more lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and lemon juice and zest and mix until the dough comes together.
- Form heaping tablespoons into balls and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass that has been moistened.
- Bake for around ten minutes or until cookies are set and beginning to brown around the edges. Let cool completely.
- For the icing:
- Mix powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make a thick icing. Add the juice a tablespoon at a time. Frost cookies when totally cool.
Want more lemon goodness like Lemon Iced Butter Cookies? Here are three more lemony delights.
- Easy Lemon Danishes Four ingredients and 30 minutes will have these shortcut pastries on your plate
- Lemon Thumbprint Cookies Buttery cookies filled with lemon curd
- Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake with Strawberry Coulis A from scratch pound cake that is easy and delicious with or without the strawberry sauce