These Kraft Paper Treat Bags are a great way to add a personalized touch to gifts from the kitchen. These are perfect to make with your kids because preschoolers can add stickers to the bags before treats are added and older children could make these on their own with adult supervision.
I love creating and being crafty and sewing is my usual forte so my paper crafting stash was a bit low so this particular version of the treat bags aren’t super decorative. The sky is the limit on dressing them up. For Christmas you could use rubber stamps or stickers or even holiday themed scrapbooking paper. You could also write the recipe for the treat hidden inside making it two gifts in one.
I used some decorative packing tape I had on hand but you could use washi tape or double stick tape or glue to hold the bag closed.
Kraft Paper Treat Bags
- Roll of brown kraft paper
- Ruler or tape measure
- Double stick tape, glue, washi tape, or other decorative adhesive
- Stamps and ink pad, stickers, or scrapbook paper
- Parchment or waxed paper for wrapping the treats in
- Measure out, mark and cut an 11 by 7 rectangle
- Fold the bottom of the paper toward the top leaving about two inches for a flap
- If using double stick tape or glue unfold and apply adhesive then refold
- If using a decorative adhesive cut two pieces of tape slightly longer than the envelope portion of the bag
- Place one piece sticky side up on a work surface
- Add the tape to the outside edge of the bag, fold over and seal.
- Decorate the bag as desired
- Wrap the treats in parchment or waxed paper, place in the bag and seal closed with tape.
I’m so excited to share my friends’ posts with you, too! Make sure you jump over and check out all the amazing things you can do with this awesome Kraft Paper!
Kraft Paper Gift Tags from Sydney at Tastefully Frugal
Kraft Paper Wrapping and Ribbon from Erin at No Bohn’s About It
Kraft Paper Envelopes from Meaghan at diyfaerie
Kraft Paper Book Covers from Nicole at Little Blog on the Homestead
Kraft Paper Gift Bags from Micha at Cooking Mimi