This week’s #SundaySupper theme is a Summer BBQ. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of summer cookouts. We’d have hot dogs, burgers, potato salad, deviled eggs, plenty of sodas, and if we were especially lucky there would be homemade ice cream. My cousins and I would play freeze tag, put on talent shows, have water fights, and just generally be kids.
I grill burgers more than anything else and this is a burger inspired by one I had last month at one of my favorite local burger and hot wing joints. This isn’t exactly like that one but it’s still pretty dad gum good.
Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseburgers #SundaySupper
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 4 slices bacon sliced in half
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeños sliced
- 4 deli slices cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- To taste salt
- To taste black pepper
- To taste garlic powder
- As desired lettuce
- As desired mayonnaise
Cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper toweling and set aside.
Divide the meat into 4 equal sized patties. Season each side with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Grill or cook in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
Add a slice of cheese to each burger and let melt.
Assemble the burgers and serve.
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
This post may be linked at the following:
Recipe Sharing Monday All My Bloggy Friends Share Your Stuff Tuesday Time to Sparkle Tuesdays Totally Tasty Tuesday Show and Share Wednesday Cast Part Wednesday Weekend Potluck Strut Your Stuff Saturday