Learn how to roast garlic with three ingredients and a little time.
Roasted garlic is a fantastic way to add extra flavor to so many recipes. Fettuccine with Creamy Garlic Sauce is one example. It’s also crazy easy and cheap to make. If you can operate the oven and a knife, you can roast garlic.
You can freeze the garlic which is good because it doesn’t take much more time to make several heads of roasted garlic than one. The technique is pretty forgiving. As long as you keep the oven temperature between 350 and 400 degrees you’re good to go. That means you can pop these in the oven even if something else is in there. Well, maybe not a cake. I’m not sure I would take a chance of garlic flavored cake.
How to roast garlic step by step :
- Slice part of the bulb off of the top exposing the cloves
- Drizzle with oil
- Sprinkle with salt
- Wrap in foil and bake
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Heat oven to between 350 and 400 degrees
- Peel the extra paper off the outside of the head of garlic
- Slice off about 1/3 of the top of the garlic bulb
- Place on a square of heavy duty foil
- Drizzle with the oil
- Sprinkle with the salt
- Make a pouch and place on a baking sheet
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender
- Use as needed
- Store leftovers refrigerated in a covered container
- Let cool
- Remove the cloves from the head and place on a cookie sheet
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until mostly solid
- Place labeled freezer bag and store for up to 3 months
This post may be linked at these fabulous blogs as well as Weekend Potluck.