Beat the boring side dish with this easy and flavorful herbed skillet corn.
Side dishes are one of my biggest dinnertime struggles. It needs to be easy, fast, and can go with several main dishes.
I have a tendency to fall back on corn, broccoli, and green beans.
Of course, that means the sides can get a bit boring and repetitive. That’s where recipes like this herbed skillet corn come in. It’s only a couple of extra steps more than the usual boiled and buttered corn but is so delicious and easy.
I used Herbes de Provence which I also used in the Sheet Pan Herb Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots I made a few weeks ago. You could also use your favorite blend of herbs. I know that basil is fabulous with corn and I think chives would be great too.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons [url ="http://goodcheapeats.com/2014/11/homemade-herbes-de-provence-recipe/"]herbes de Provence[/url]
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet over moderate heat
- Melt the butter
- Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the corn and cook for 10 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally
- Sprinkle with the herbes de Provence and season with salt and pepper
- Stir and serve
If you like Herbed Skillet Corn try these side dishes: