Ground Beef and Veggie Stir Fry is quick, easy, and fairly inexpensive. Ground beef and vegetables are stir fried in a slightly sweet sauce and served over hot cooked rice.
In rare fashion I made the recipe the very next day. It was good but I like veggies in my stir fries. (Mongolian Chicken is the exception to this) So, I decided the next time I made it to add a few veggies to it to make it more of a meal.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 12-16 ounces broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cornstarch, if desired to thicken the sauce
- 4-6 servings hot white or brown rice
- In a large skillet over moderate heat, brown the ground beef with the garlic and ginger until the beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers and cook until crisp tender.
- Stir the broccoli into the skillet.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch if using.
- Pour sauce over ground beef and veggies, stir and cook for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.