French Onion Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are a great way to have a delicious and filling supper on the table without heating up the house.
I don’t know about you guys but Sunday is always a crazy day at our house, especially if the auntlings are here. Trying to get the troops roused, ready, and out the door in time for church is not easy especially for the early service. If we’ve gone to the 11:30 service stomachs are growling when we walk in the door.
I’ve started making slow cooker recipes that don’t take a ton of preparation or hours and hours of cooking time on Sunday. When I saw Ashley’s recipe for Slow Cooker French Onion Pulled Chicken Sandwiches I knew it would be the perfect Sunday recipe.
Serve it with chips and fruit or maybe make some pasta salad or slaw the night before. I can get everyone fed within 20 minutes of getting home from church with this.
10 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Sandwich rolls or Burger Buns
- Provolone cheese
- Place the chicken, onion soup mix, sliced onion, and broth in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 until the chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken and place back in the slow cooker
- Place a slice of cheese on the top and bottom of each roll and broil or cook in a very hot (425-450) oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bun is toasty
- Pile the meat and juices on the buns and serve
This post may be linked at these fabulous blogs as well as Weekend Potluck. and meal plan Monday