I love seeing what posts were the most popular at the end of the year. There is always at least one surprise. Either a recipe I wasn’t sure would gain traction is a hit or one I thought would be popular has a meh reaction.
I’m sharing two most popular lists today. The favorite posts that were published in 2015 and the top ten from all years.
Top Ten Posts Published in 2015
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies. This is not a shock at all. These amazing looking cookies were a guest post by Abby from Winstead Wandering.
- Creamy Garlic and Herb Pasta. This recipe is the surprise for 2015. It’s a pretty basic recipe so for it to be the second most popular post I published this year is unexpected.
- Chicken Paprikash. I’ve read several places that chicken is the most searched meat so to have this rank in the top three is not that shocking.
- Peanut Butter Cookies. This post is only a little more than a month old and is popular enough to be in the top five. These are the best pb cookies I’ve eaten.
- Homemade Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix. This is a must have at my house. I’ve been making this since 2009 or 2010 and we won’t eat any other Ranch dressing at home. It also works in recipes like Taco Soup that use the packets.
- Sour Cream Chicken. This was a great Secret Recipe Club find. It’s so easy and kidlet friendly.
- 15 Homemade Christmas Gifts from the Kitchen. Not a recipe but has great ideas for when you want to give a gift of food.
- Nopal Dip. I’m so glad I found out how to make this at home. Since our move this fall we’re over an hour away from the restaurant this dip was inspired by.
- Potatoes Stroganoff. This is not the most photogenic food in the world but it is definitely comfort food.
- Cheesy Green Chile Chicken. This is super simple and versatile. If you like spicy foods give this one a try.
Top Ten All Around Posts for 2015
- Cajun Sausage and Pasta Skillet. This recipe has been pinned over nine thousand times and has over three times the pageviews as the next most popular recipe.
- Chicken and Rice Casserole. Comfort foods, especially freezer friendly ones, always do well on the blog.
- Slow Cooker Garlic Ranch Chicken. I almost did not even post this recipe way back in 2012 because there are several variations all over the web. This ended up being the most popular recipe for a couple of years.
- Buttermilk Herb Chicken. This is featured in a few round ups so it gets traffic regularly.
- Angel Hair Pasta with Neapolitan Sauce. Super easy and inexpensive.
- Ranch Roasted Potatoes. Until October this post was lost in the archives. I updated it a bit, promoted it on social media, and it took off like a rocket. This is the most popular recipe from Cookin’ Mimi on Yummly.
- Thousand Island Dressing. This has been in the top ten since I published it. If you don’t make your salad dressings, you are missing out.
- Brownie Batter Ice Cream. Even with it being winter this is still getting pinned and visited. This no ice cream maker needed chocolate ice cream is delicious.
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes is almost a complete meal in one. Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables for a delicious no sweat dinner.
- Smoked Sausage, Potato, Onion and Pepper Hobo Packets. A summertime favorite that can br grilled or baked in the oven for year round enjoyment.
More Countdown to 2016: