Of course I made some changes to the recipe. I used frozen corn instead of the canned originally called for because I like frozen better. I also used some diced red onion instead of green onion, left out the cilantro, and used lime juice instead of the white vinegar. Salsa screams for lime juice to me.
The resulting recipe is delicious it’s not even funny. Seriously folks, I could eat this as a salad not just with chips.
Another great thing about this is since there is no mayonnaise it would be great to serve at a potluck because it would be easier to keep chilled.
This corn salsa recipe will be making a regular appearance on Saturdays come football season.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen white whole kernel corn thawed
- 1 3/4 cups frozen yellow whole kernel corn thawed
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 2 ounce can sliced black olives drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles drained
- Juice of 1 lime about 3 Tablespoons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Cover and chill at least an hour before serving.