Cheesy Ranch Ham and Noodle Skillet takes one pan and 30 minutes making it perfect for busy nights.
I have been on a big skillet meals kick. It’s so easy to mix pasta, rice, or potatoes with a protein and a vegetable if wanted and have a fabulous dinner half an hour later.
Cheesy ranch ham and noodle skillet came about one evening when the auntlings had spent the night. We had gone to the park that afternoon and by the time we got home we were all hungry so I knew I needed something quick and filling. The end result was a delicious dish that even the particular eater had two servings of and kept saying how yummy it was.
I have made this using bow tie pasta as well as elbow macaroni so pretty much any short cut pasta will work. I decided against adding a vegetable to this particular recipe but you could add some frozen peas or green beans when you add the pasta. I used a sharp cheddar cheese but use your favorite. I think Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack would be fantastic.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced ham
- 3 cups short cut pasta such as elbow macaroni, rigatoni, or rotini
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounce cheese, shredded
- Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium heat
- Add oil and heat until oil shimmers
- Sautee the onion and ham in the oil until the onion is softened and translucent
- Add in the pasta, 2 1/2 cups broth, and Ranch mix, stirring well
- Bring to a boil over high heat
- Reduce heat to medium
- Cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed If needed add in the additional 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Stir in the milk and cheese
- Let cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until a cheesy sauce has formed