With just a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes from skillet to table Cheesy Green Chile Chicken is great for a busy night.
Cooking is as much of a hobby as it is a necessity for me. I enjoy the days when I can spend a couple of hours in the kitchen but there are times when I want to get in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible.
I keep a few recipes in my back pocket for times like that when I want to get supper on the table with as little fuss as possible but without sacrificing flavor.
The green chiles in the recipe come from a green chile salsa from Trader Joe’s but a can of diced green chiles would work.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, approximately one pound
- 1/2 cup of Hatch green chile salsa or 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a lid over moderate heat
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper
- Cook for five to six minutes per side or until the temperature is 165 degrees
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 Tablespoons of the green chile salsa and 2 Tablespoons of cheese
- Cover, turn off the heat and set aside for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Here are more easy main dishes: