Loaded with vegetables these Cajun Vegetable Quesadillas are a tasty meatless recipe that can be on your table in a flash.
One of my goals for 2016 was to increase my stash of meatless recipes. I try to have at least one meatless dinner a week but we have a tendency to eat the same two or three things all. the. time.
Cajun vegetable quesadillas are based on the veggie quesadillas from a couple of years ago. I added some yellow squash and zucchini as well as seasoned the whole shebang with Cajun seasoning for a bit of spice.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers, any color
- 1 small zucchini, sliced in half moons
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced in half moons
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat until shimmering
- Combine the vegetables in a bowl and coat with the Cajun seasoning
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetables are as tender as desired
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle with one quarter of the cheese
- Place one quarter of the vegetables on half of the tortilla and fold the empty half over
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until the cheese is melted and tortilla is golden
- Repeat until done