Buttermilk herb chicken is a quick and fabulous way to dress up plain old boneless skinless chicken breasts.
This is some of the best chicken I have ever eaten. It is so tender and juicy and the flavor is outstanding. I adapted it from a recipe from Daily Dish Recipes. Nicole raved about it and it looked so delicious that I had to try it.
I knew right away though I would have to adapt the recipe because it calls for plain yogurt which is something I never have because none of us eat it. I also substituted parsley for the original thyme and added lemon pepper.
Another great thing about this recipe is it’s freezer friendly. Toss the marinade and chicken together in a freezer bag and freeze.
8 hr, 30 Prep Time
35 minCook Time
9 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- A few shakes of hot sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (see note)
- 2 Tablespoons dried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- In a non reactive bowl mix all ingredients except for chicken. Add the chicken and turn pieces to coat with marinade. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken in a baking dish and cook for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Place chicken in a labeled freezer bag, add the marinade and squeeze out extra air before sealing. Place in freezer. Thaw in fridge overnight and cook according to directions.
note: use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder if vacuum sealing. do not vacuum seal fresh garlic br]Adapted from:[Daily Dish Recipes
Linked to URS @ LifeasMOM