Strips of marinated beef, vegetables, and noodles make this Beef Noodle Bowl recipe a tasty and easy meal.
I’ve said it before and I know I’ll say it again but the Secret Recipe Club post for the month is always one of my favorites.
I love finding new blogs and recipes. This month I was assigned bcmom’s kitchen. Anna’s like me and believes a recipe is a starting point.
I knew I wanted to make a savory recipe this month. Easy Fettuccine Cacciatore was the first recipe to catch my eye. Chicken Garlic Pizza is also on my to-make list. I ended up making this beef noodle bowl recipe.
Of course I made a few changes to the recipe. One person who would be eating the recipe doesn’t care for carrots so I used a bell pepper instead. I also love the crunch water chestnuts give to stir fries so I added a can of those.
I also used what my local grocery stores label, depending on the store, carne asada or carne picada beef, which is already thinly sliced steak. I use it for two reasons, it’s about half the price of the sirloin in the original recipe and I don’t have to slice it. It’s also what I used in my quick and easy beef and broccoli.
This is definitely a recipe I will make again. It’s actually pretty similar in taste to the beef and broccoli but with the added crunch of water chestnuts.
6 hr, 10 Prep Time
20 minCook Time
6 hr, 30 Total Time
- 8 ounce carne picada or thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen broccoli
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Pour over steak and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli in the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time. Set aside about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak and marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the beef is browned. Bring to a boil cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the pasta, broccoli, and water chestnuts.
- Pour in a small amount of pasta water and toss to form sauce. Add pasta water as needed.
- Serve immediately