Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts. I can eat it no matter what the weather is. Homemade ice cream is especially delicious. When I shared the grape ice cream I promised more flavors and I bring you brownie batter ice cream.
This five ingredient ice cream is adapted from the easy cake batter ice cream at Mom Advice. It’s a no cook recipe which is great because you don’t have to wait for a custard to chill or worry about accidentally making flavored scrambled eggs .
If you don’t have an ice cream maker never fear. This recipe can easily be made without one. Which is a good thing because mine quit working. It takes a bit more work than just mixing the ingredients together and adding them to the maker but it isn’t difficult at all.
This tasted kind of like chocolate snow cream to me and would be great topped with your favorite sundae toppings or, my favorite way, in a waffle cone.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dry brownie mix
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, brownie mix, and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved and there are no lumps of mix.
- If using an ice cream maker
- Follow directions of maker. It's usually place in the bowl of the maker that has been frozen for at least 24 hours, start, and churn for 20-30 minutes until soft serve consistency. Place in a freezer safe container with a lid, cover and freeze for 2-3 hours before serving.
- For the no maker directions
- Place the liquid in a deep freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 1 hour. Remove from freezer and blend well with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Repeat the blending process every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours until a soft serve consistency.
- Place in a freezer safe container with a lid, cover and freeze until desired consistency.