I love main dish salads and have a few more here on the blog. This grilled chicken club salad is pretty much a grilled chicken club sandwich in a bowl. I used my counter top grill to cook the chicken but you could use the pre-grilled stuff from the store, or a grill pan to cook it in if it’s not grilling weather where you are.
There is one ingredient in the recipe you’ll notice is missing from the salad. That is because I forgot to buy croutons not once but twice. These make up the bread part of the salad so try not to forget them. Or you could to, you know, make me feel better about forgetting them myself.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 8 cups torn salad greens. I used a mix of Romaine hearts and iceberg because that's what we like.
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- A couple of handfuls of croutons
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled.
- Salad dressing. I recommend something mayo based like Ranch or Thousand Island
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Pour on a bit of dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide lettuce among four bowls or plates.
- Top each with 1/4 of the bacon, tomatoes, cheese, onion, croutons, and sliced grilled chicken.
- Serve with more dressing if desired.
Monday – Cookin’ Mimi – Grilled Chicken Club Salad
Tuesday – The Not So Cheesy Kitchen – Risi e Bisi
Wednesday – Chocolate Moosey – Jalapeño Popper Corn Chowder
Thursday – girlichef – Herb Roasted Salmon w/ Veggies
Friday – Mess Makes Food – Broccoli and Blue Cheese Pesto Pasta