Valentine’s Day is Friday. Hard to believe, isn’t it? This week’s #SundaySupper Theme is Valentine’s Recipes for Two.
I’ve been on a big cooking with mushrooms kick so I combined that with my favorite restaurant style pasta dish- Chicken Alfredo to come up with Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo.
It’s kind of funny that I’m participating in a Valentine’s Day themed #SundaySupper since it’s not all that big of a deal to me. In fact the best Valentine’s Day I ever had was the year my sister and I went out for pizza and to see the second Harry Potter movie at the dollar theater. That tells you how long ago that was.
But I couldn’t resist the chance to make chicken Alfredo especially with mushrooms added. Pasta is my love language.
Yields 2 servings
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Four to six ounces fettuccine
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced parsley
- Cook the fettuccine in salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and add back to pot.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in large skillet over moderate heat.
- Combine the flour and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shake off the excess.
- Place in the butter and oil cooking for 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the skillet. You might need to add another teaspoon or so of oil.
- Cook stirring frequently for about five minutes or until the mushrooms and onion are tender, Remove from skillet.
- Place the butter in cream in the same skillet you cooked the chicken and the mushrooms in. Heat, stirring frequently, until the butter is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
- Add in the salt, remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Pour the sauce, and the mushrooms and onion over the pasta, sprinkle with parsley and heat over low heat, tossing frequently until warmed through.
- Place the pasta in plates or bowls. Slice the chicken and place on top.
- Serve immediately.
Butterflying chicken is basically cutting one piece of chicken open like you would a loaf of French bread to make garlic bread. You turn that single chicken breast into two. That makes it a great way to stretch your chicken breasts and your food budget.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.