This week’s #SundaySupper theme is all about being thankful and the fabulous bloggers are sharing Thanksgiving or Hanukkah recipes as well as something they are thankful for.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have a great family, fabulous friends both on and offline, my health, a roof over my head, and food on the table.
Speaking of food these cloverleaf rolls are slightly adapted from my fluffy yeast rolls recipe and would be great to make with your kids because they could form the dough balls and place them in the muffin tins.
Yields 1 dozen rolls
3 hrPrep Time
15 minCook Time
3 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 shortening or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups bread flour
- Dissolve the yeast and 2 teaspoons of sugar in the water. Set aside for about 15 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer combine the 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup shortening, egg, salt, and white wheat flour.
- Add in the bread flour until a smooth dough forms.
- Knead on a floured surface or using the dough hook for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Gently punch down the dough and divide into 36 balls.
- Place three balls in each well in the muffin tin.
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Our Thanksgiving and Hanukkah Recipes
FIRST COURSE / APPETIZERS
- Harvest Soup from Bea of The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Horseradish Cranberry & Herbed Cheese Bites from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Rosemary Baklava with Brie from Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
SAVORY BREADS + STUFFING
- Cloverleaf Rolls from Micha of Cookin’ Mimi
- Freeze and Bake Buttermilk Biscuits from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Picnic Roll from Linda of The Urban Mrs
- Raspberry and Brie Crescent Rolls from Karen of In The Kitchen With KP
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins from Isabel at Family Foodie
- Easy Gluten-Free Corn “Bread” Stuffing from Laura at Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Eggless Herb and Garlic Fresh Pasta from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Honey Orange Turkey Breast from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brussels Sprout Latkes from Susan atThe Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
- Creamy Scalloped Corn from Alaiyo at Pescetarian Journal
- Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
DESSERTS + SWEET BREADS
- Almond Brioche Sticky Buns from Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
- Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie from Cheryl at Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Bourbon Pecan Pie from Julie at The Texan New Yorker
- Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
- Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Manischewitz, Cranberry Double Holiday Donuts from Kim at Ninja Baking
- Mini Maple Sweet Potato Tarts from Holly at Mess Makes Food
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from Nichole at Casa de Crews
- Mom’s Custard Pie from Courtney at Neighborfood
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake from Tammi of Momma’s Meals
- Plum and Blackberry Crumble from Katy at Happy Baking Days
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Heather at girlichef
- Salted Butterscotch Pudding from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Pecan Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.