For this month’s #WeekdaySupper post I decided to go super simple. With four ingredients if you don’t count the salt and pepper, which I don’t, this Barbecue Jack Chicken comes together in a hurry and with tons of flavor.
If you don’t like spicy cheese Monterey Jack cheese would work just as well. With me if the choice is pepper or plain Jack, pepper Jack wins every time.
Micha @ Cookin' Mimi
2 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 4 small-ish boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Use your favorite.
- 4 deli slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- To taste salt
- To taste Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook in skillet for about 5 minutes per side or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Baste with barbecue sauce and top with cheese. Cover skillet, remove from heat and let chicken sit for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
If you like this recipe please pin or yum it and follow Cookin’ Mimi on Pinterest for more easy and frugal recipes.
Be sure to visit the other Weekday Supper Participants!
Monday – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle – Linguine with Clam Sauce
Tuesday – Cookin’ Mimi – Barbecue Jack Chicken
Wednesday – Noshing With The Nolands – Lentils Ole
Thursday – Basic N Delicious – Spaghetti with Mushroom Sauce
Friday – Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking – Sassy Sausage Jambalaya