We eat a lot of corn. More than I’d like to honestly but I’m not the only one eating so I don’t always get what I want. Because of that I’m always on the look out to make frozen corn more interesting. Last year I sautéed corn with onions and peppers and this year I decided to add jalapeño and bacon since I love the flavor combination of the two.
Jalapeño Bacon Corn
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- To taste salt
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Drain off all but 1 Tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Cook the corn, garlic, onion, and jalapeño in the skillet until the vegetables are tender which will take around 10 minutes.
- Crumble bacon into the corn, stir, and season to taste with salt. Serve hot.