These pancakes are the traditional fluffy buttermilk pancakes with a hint of pumpkin and spice flavor. The base mix is the same as the regular buttermilk pancake recipe but I’ve streamlined the assembly to make these quicker and easier to make.
Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cups pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons melted and slightly cooled butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick butter, for the pan
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when it hits. Grease lightly with butter.
- Place 2 cups of the pancake mix and the pumpkin pie spice in a bowl or pitcher. Whisk together.
- Blend together the eggs, butter, pumpkin and buttermilk until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Batter will be thick
- Pour approximately 1/4 cupful of batter onto the hot pan. Cook until the edges have set and the bubbles have popped. Flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve hot with butter and your favorite syrups.
For more in this series click below
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 more recipes in the index if you want to check them out.