Even though I am listing this as a breakfast recipe you could easily serve this as a dessert with some fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Gotta love double duty recipes.
Caramel Apple Crepes
Recipe by Micha @ Cookin’ Mimi
- 4-6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4-6 Tablespoons packed brown sugar, depending on sweetness of your apples
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt the 3 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Cook the apples and brown sugar in the butter, stirring frequently, until apples are tender and a sauce has formed. If the sauce is too thin for your liking mix together 1 Tablespoon each cornstarch and water. Add to the apples and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and eggs. Slowly add in the water and milk. Whisk until smooth. Melt the butter in a 10” skillet or crepe pan. Add the melted butter and salt to batter and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture by quarter cupfuls into hot skillet and swirl in a circular motion to spread the batter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Flip and cook for another minute or two until golden on the other side. You’ll get eight crepes from the batch.
- Fold the crepes into quarters. Place two on each plate and top with the apples.
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 more recipes in the index if you want to check them out.