Hot wings are nearly synonymous with football and for good reason. Little bites of spicy food that are perfect washed down with a soft drink or beer. I’m not a fan of wings so I decided to make them using breast meat. I also didn’t want to go to the trouble of frying them so I breaded the meat with Panko breadcrumbs and baked in a hot oven.
Baked Boneless Buffalo Bites
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce. I use Frank’s or Texas Pete
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper with the Panko and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix the other 1/4 teaspoon salt with the beaten egg and place in shallow dish.
- Coat the chicken with the eggs, and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter and hot sauce.
- Coat chicken pieces in sauce and return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes to crisp the coating again, if desired.
For more in this series click below
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 more recipes in the index if you want to check them out.