Have you ever made a recipe not really knowing how the pickier members of your family would react to it and being fairly anxious when it was time to eat but were quite pleasantly surprised when it was loved by said picky members? This was one of those recipes for me.
This recipe is adapted from the Peanut Butter Chicken recipe from Life as Mom. I had planned on trying a more faithful version of the recipe but my niece and nephew were here for an extra (unplanned) night so I needed something quick and easy to cook for supper without going to the store.
Peanut and Soy Noodles with Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- A scant 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- Generous 1/3 cup oil. I used olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, grated or diced,
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 16 ounces dried spaghetti or linguini pasta
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, 1/3 cup oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and hot sauce.
- Set aside
- Cook noodles according to directions, drain and mix with the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over moderate heat. Cook the onion, garlic and diced chicken until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve noodles with chicken and onions on top.
Here are more quick suppers you may like:
- Easy Beans and Franks
- Ground Beef and Veggie Stir Fry
- Kielbasa, Penne, and Vegetables in a Cheddar Sauce
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 more recipes in the index if you want to check them out.