This is a fairly versatile dish. You can serve it as a meatless main dish or as a side with say some Italian grilled chicken breasts. The basic recipe comes from Better Crocker but I added a few changes to ramp up the flavor a bit.
Broccoli and Cheese Pie
- 12 ounce package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped. I used a red pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place thawed broccoli in bottom of pie plate and sprinkle the onion, bell pepper, and cheese over.
- Whisk together the baking mix, milk, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, ground mustard, and eggs.
- Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes clean. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 more recipes in the index if you want to check them out.