For some reason I can never remember to buy pizza sauce. I’ll put it on my list but for some reason it doesn’t make it in the buggy.
This last shopping trip was no different. I forgot to grab pizza sauce but ended up with two spaghetti sauces. I guess that was my brain’s way of ensuring I would have something tomato based to use on pizza.
I don’t really care for store bought spaghetti sauce as a pizza sauce so I decided to make my own. I’ve done this a few times before when I made pizza at the last minute.
This no cook pizza sauce, which has been my favorite, was adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café. I used Italian style tomatoes instead of the plain diced tomatoes because the only plain ones I had were salt free and I didn’t think those would work in this recipe.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 15 ounce can Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- A pinch Kosher salt
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until the sauce has reached desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.