This is one of my favorite quick and easy meals. Everything cooks in one skillet and with an array of toppings everyone can make their serving to please.
The main filling of the dish is chorizo and pinto beans with Tex Mex Style fire roasted tomatoes added for extra flavor and moisture. This would also make an excellent meatless dish, just sub one cup cooked rice for the chorizo.
Crunchy Layered Taco Salad
- 1 bag of corn chips
- 15 ounce can of pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed or 2 cups of homemade
- 7-8 ounces chorizo or 1 cup cooked rice if you want a meatless meal
- 1 can of salsa/Tex-Mex style fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced onion
- Diced tomato
- Sour Cream
- Salsa, Pico De Gallo or Hot Sauce
- Avocado slices or guacamole
Place a skillet over medium heat. Remove chorizo from casing, break into bite sized pieced and cook until browned and cooked through. Add the beans and tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. If using rice instead of meat cook the rice, beans, and tomato mixture for the indicated time.
Divide the corn chips among 4 plates, top with the bean mixture and layer toppings as desired.
I love comments and read each one I get
[tweetmeme source="cookinmimi" service="wp.me"]
Latest posts by Micha M (see all)
- Share Your Stuff Tuesdays #62 - August 25, 2014
- Fabulous Comfort Foods-Share Your Stuff Tuesday #61 - August 18, 2014
- Easy Pork Fajitas - August 13, 2014