This is my family’s favorite breakfast for dinner dish. Seriously the first time I made them we ended up eating them three times that week. If that isn’t a hit I don’t know what is.
- 7 ounces chorizo
- 15 ounce can refried beans or 2 cups homemade
- 1 14 ounce can salsa style or Tex-Mex fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-8 corn tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 4-8 fried eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
Remove chorizo from casing. Cook in a skillet over medium heat breaking into crumbles. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes longer or until sausage is cooked through and onions are translucent. Pour the undrained tomatoes into the chorizo and heat through.
Heat the refried beans until bubbling. While beans are cooking, heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Cook tortillas for about a minute or until warmed and pliable with slightly crisp edges.
Place 1 or 2 corn tortillas on a plate, spread with refried beans, top with 1 or 2 eggs, layer the chorizo and onion mixture on the eggs and sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot.
I love comments and read each one I get
[tweetmeme source="cookinmimi" service="wp.me"]
Latest posts by Micha M (see all)
- Fabulous Comfort Foods-Share Your Stuff Tuesday #61 - August 18, 2014
- Easy Pork Fajitas - August 13, 2014
- Back to School Recipes – Share Your Stuff Tuesday #60 - August 11, 2014