Shredded or pulled barbecue is one of my favorite slow cooker meals because there are a multitude of ways you can serve the meat. This time I decided to make barbecue sandwiches using my homemade buns. If you don’t eat pork you can always use a chuck roast instead of the pork roast.
Shredded Pork Barbecue
- 2-4 pound pork roast. Preferably a boneless Boston Butt or pork shoulder roast.
- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite barbecue rub
- 1 sliced onion, optional but yummy
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce plus extra for serving if desired
Coat roast on all sides with the rub. Place onions if using in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Place roast in slow cooker and pour in water. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until fork tender. Shred meat, stir in barbecue sauce and cook until hot.
linked to weekend potluck
I love comments and read each one I get
[tweetmeme source="cookinmimi" service="wp.me"]
Latest posts by Micha M (see all)
- Fabulous Comfort Foods-Share Your Stuff Tuesday #61 - August 18, 2014
- Easy Pork Fajitas - August 13, 2014
- Back to School Recipes – Share Your Stuff Tuesday #60 - August 11, 2014