This is one of my absolute favorite ways to cook a beef roast in the slow cooker. The seasonings are kept pretty basic so the leftovers can be used in a variety of dishes without any worry.
Simple Beef Roast
- 1 3-5 pound chuck roast
- 1 large onion, wedged
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth. Low sodium is best.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of roast. Add to the hot skillet and brown on all sides.
Place onion and garlic in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with meat and pour beef broth over all. Cook on low for about eight hours until very tender.
Skim fat from juices and serve with beef.
I love comments and read each one I get
[tweetmeme source="cookinmimi" service="wp.me"]
Latest posts by Micha M (see all)
- Fabulous Comfort Foods-Share Your Stuff Tuesday #61 - August 18, 2014
- Easy Pork Fajitas - August 13, 2014
- Back to School Recipes – Share Your Stuff Tuesday #60 - August 11, 2014