Southerners will turn barbecue into just about anything: burritos, nachos, and salad to name a few and now you can have barbecue spaghetti. This meal came from a eat from the pantry night and I wasn’t totally sure how it would turn out but we all loved it. This was loosely based on my Cajun Chicken Pasta.
Barbecue Chicken Spaghetti:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Your favorite chicken seasoning. I used Montreal Chicken Seasoning by McCormick. Salt, pepper and garlic powder would work great as well.
- 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1-1 1/2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c of heavy cream, half and half, evaporated milk, whole milk. Whatever kind of milk you have on hand.
- 3/4-1 pounds of spaghetti
Cook spaghetti according to package directions saving a cup or so of the cooking liquid.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter or oil. Season chicken and place in hot skillet. Brown on both sides, cooking in batches if necessary. Place chicken on a plate and set aside. Heat the other tablespoon of oil or butter and sauté until translucent and tender. Add chicken and juices and top with barbecue sauce. Cook until bubbly and add drained pasta and cream. Cook until heated through, adding pasta water if needed for your preferred consistency.
I love comments and read each one I get
If you liked this post please Tweet, Stumble, "Like" or share with your friends.
[tweetmeme source="cookinmimi" service="wp.me"]