Welcome to day four of Football Favorite Food week. Slow cooker pizza is a favorite of my family. It really is one of our football faves, it is always made for the Iron Bowl party. That is the Auburn/Alabama game for those unfamiliar to college football. One of the things I love about it is the fact it is highly adaptable for different tastes just like “real” pizza.
30 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 12 ounce bag egg noodles
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or Italian sausage
- To taste salt
- To taste black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Various amounts pepperoni, onions, olives, bell peppers and Canadian bacon and other favorite pizza toppings
- Cook egg noodles in boiling water until just tender and drain. They will cook more in the slow cooker so you don't want them to get mushy.
- In a large skillet brown the meat, add the onions and peppers now if using. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain the fat from skillet and pour in the spaghetti sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for about ten or fifteen minutes.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker liner and top with a layer of noodles, sauce, pepperoni/olives/Canadian bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers until the ingredients are used ending with a cheese layer. How many layers you will have depends on your slow cooker. A round insert will have more layers than an oval. I had a four quart round dish and I had three layers.
- Cover and cook on low two to four hours or until hot and bubbly.